- If you are already on Penang Island, you should make use of the easy access to Langkawi by ferry or plane and visit this beautiful place designed mainly for relaxation. Langkawi, this is not just one island in the Andaman Sea, but about one hundred. The Malaysians call it the “jewel of the state of Kedah” and definitely knows what they are talking about. The archipelago captivates its simplicity in the otherwise chaotic Asian world, offering sandy beaches with calm sea water, waterfalls in the middle of a wild jungle with the possibility of bathing in ponds and excellent local gastronomy on the night-time trails. Travel distance from Penang Island to Langkawi is about 120 km by ferry.
- You can book tickets+flights from Penang to Langkawi on 12go.asia or Baolau
From Penang Island to Langkawi you can travel by ferry or plane.
- From Penang Island to Langkawi is possible to travel by ferry or plane. Flights from Penang to Langkawi are also very cheap and start at $20-30. The most cheapest way for tourists is to travel by ferry/boat from Penang (Georgetown) – ferry tickets cost only about $20 and travel by ferry takes about 3 hours. There is no other way how to get to Langkawi, only by ferry/boat or plane (direct + low-cost flight). From Langkawi you can continue to Kuala Perlis in the north of Malaysia and then to Thailand. Book and buy your ferry tickets or flights from Penang to Langkawi very easily online and enjoy your trip and holiday in Langkawi.
How to get from Penang to Langkawi?
1. FERRY/BOAT from Penang to Langkawi
- travel by ferry/boat from Penang Island to Langkawi takes about 3 hours
- comfortable modern tourist ferries and boats (steward, wc…)
- ferry companies from Penang to Langkawi: Super Fast Ferry Ventures
- a cheapest way how to travel from Penang to Langkawi
- one-way ferry ticket from Penang to Langkawi costs about $19-20
- depart terminal in Penang: Penang Ferry Terminal
- arrival terminal in Langkawi: Kuah Jetty, Langkawi
- Book and buy ferry tickets from Penang to Langkawi online on 12go.asia
- this is a top travel ferry route from Penang to Langkawi – recommended – book your ferry tickets online!
2. FLIGHT from Penang to Langkawi
- a comfortable and fastest way how to get from Penang to Langkawi
- duration of flight from Penang to Langkawi is about 40 minutes
- one-way low-cost flight from Penang to Langkawi costs about $20-50
- airlines from Penang to Langkawi: Firefly, AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines
- airport in Penang: Penang International Airport
- airport in Langkawi: Langkawi International Airport
- Book and buy your flight from Penang to Langkawi online on 12go.asia or Baolau
12go.asia – search and book your tickets, flights online
– 12go sells the train, bus, boat tickets, flights mainly in Thailand (+ tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos…)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Shanghai to Suzhou, Beijing to Shanghai, Shenzhen to Guangzhou…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Phu Quoc, Koh Rong, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Chang…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Phuket, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Krabi, Bangkok to Surat Thani…
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets in Thailand)
– if you buy train tickets in Thailand over 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
Baolau – search and book your tickets, flights online
– train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos, Thailand…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar Pacific, VietJet Air, Air Asia, Malaysia Airlines… in Southeast Asia
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, Cambodia, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Koh Rong, Con Dao to Saigon, ferry to Nam Du..
– various tickets and routes in Vietnam, eg. Da Nang to Ninh Binh, Da Lat to Hanoi, Da Lat to Hoi An…
– Baolau is one of the best companies for online ticket booking in southeast Asia
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (recommended – print your ticket)
– read all the information before you book your tickets, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle Summary of travel route from Penang to Langkawiicon-angle-double-down
How long does it take to travel from Penang to Langkawi?
- Travel by ferry/boat from Penang to Langkawi takes about 3 hours.
- Travel by plane (direct flight) from Penang to Langkawi takes about 1 hour.
How much does it cost to travel from Penang to Langkawi?
- Travel by ferry/boat from Penang to Langkawi costs about $19-20.
- Travel by plane (direct flight) from Penang to Langkawi costs about $20-50.
What is the travel distance from Penang to Langkawi?
- Travel distance from Penang to Langkawi is about 120 km by ferry and about 140 km by plane.
Is there a railway/train on Langkawi?
- No, there is no train/railway connection on Langkawi.
How to travel back from Langkawi to Penang?
- From Penang to Langkawi you can travel the same way how you came to Langkawi – there are ferries, boats and direct flights to Penang + Kuala Lumpur. You can book ferry tickets and flights to Penang on Baolau and 12go.asia.
Where to book and buy tickets from Penang to Langkawi?
What is the best way of getting from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur?
- If you want to travel directly from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur – the best and fastest way how to get to Kuala Lumpur from Langkawi is to travel by plane. There are direct and cheap low-cost flights every day.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book+buy your ferry tickets or flights from Penang to Langkawi + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can change your departure and arrival, eg. Kuala Lumpur > Penang, Kuala Lumpur > Langkawi…)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: