Cat Ba is one of the most visited islands in Ha Long Bay.
Ha Long Bay and nearby islands (eg. Cat Ba Island) is one of the most visited places by foreign tourists in northern Vietnam. It is an fascinating place, but sometimes overcrowded by visitors. There are 2 ways how you can get to Cat Ba Island. You can go to Ha Long City and from Tuan Chau Island you need to take a ferry to Cat Ba Island or you can go to Haiphong and here you can take a speedboat.
Speedboat from Haiphong goes directly to the south part of the Cat Ba Island, to the town of Cat Ba. There are many hotels or homestays in the south part of this island. In my opinion, speedboat from Haiphong to the town of Cat Ba is the best and quickest way how to reach Cat Ba Island.
1.step – Train from Hanoi to Haiphong
2.step – Speedboat from Haiphong (Pha Binh port) to Cat Ba Island
icon-angle-double-rightBuy train and boat tickets to Cat Ba Island onlineicon-angle-double-left
In my opinion the best option how to get to Cat Ba Island. When you are going in the morning you can be on the Cat Ba Island in 4 hours.
– the journey takes around 4 hours (when you are going in the morning, in 9.48 am from Hanoi)
– ticket price around 250 000 viet.dongs (train+speedboat)
1. Railway station in Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station (481 Ngọc Lâm)
2. Railway station in Hai Phong – Hai Phong Railway Station (75 Lương Khánh Thiện)
3. Pha Binh port in Hai Phong (4 Bến Bính)
4. Cat Ba Pier (Cat Ba Island)
Buy e-tickets online on Baolau, reliable service and good prices, secured payment.
icon-map-marker Ha Long Bay – map:
– a company specializing in train tickets mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines as well as flights to neighboring countries + tickets for the ferries in Vietnam
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read other information about ticket in order
– read also frequently asked questions on Baolau