What is the weather in Ha Giang province in northern Vietnam?
This is the one of the most frequented question by travelers heading to the north of Vietnam > What is the weather in Ha Giang? Ha Giang is the mountain province, one of the most interesting places in the north, nature, ethnic villages, authenticity… It is very good province for exploring remote areas and ethnicities by motorbike. And it is good to know in which time/season you should come to visit this beautiful place. If you travel on motorbike – skip the rainy weather.
What is the best time to visit Ha Giang?
The best time to visit Ha Giang is in the dry season, in the months from October to April. But it is good to know, the winter months (December, January, February) may be there very cold. It is not good to go to this mountainous area during the rainy season (May to September, landslides on the roads are possible). The average temperature is approximately the same as in Hanoi. But in the mountain areas the weather can change very fast. However, the amount of precipitation in the rainy season is higher than in Hanoi. ➜ Current weather in Ha Giang province. Below are detailed statistics of weather in Ha Giang through the year (temperatures, rainfall, snowfall, windspeed, cloud and humidity, sun hours, visibility).
- The highest temperatures – are in the summer months (July, August, September)
- June + July – the monsoon season, rainy days
- The weather in Ha Giang can change quickly
- October, November, March, April – recommended months for visit
- Pack warmer waterproof clothing
Current weather in Ha Giangicon-angle-double-down
(click the icon in the top right corner for rainfalls, storms and other useful information)
Max, Min and Average Temperature in Ha Giangicon-angle-double-down
Rainfall and Rain Days in Ha Giangicon-angle-double-down
Snowfall and Snow Days in Ha Giangicon-angle-double-down
Max and Average Wind Speed and Wind Gust in Ha Giangicon-angle-double-down
Cloud and Humidity in Ha Giangicon-angle-double-down
Sun Hours and Sun Days in Ha Giangicon-angle-double-down
Visibility in Ha Giangicon-angle-double-down
Frequently Asked Questions – Weather in Ha Giang:
What is the weather in Ha Giang?
- Ha Giang is the mountain area and weather can change in a few hours. Winter in Ha Giang is cold and summer is pleasent and sometimes hot.
How do you get to Ha Giang from Hanoi?
What are the best months for visit Ha Giang?
- The best months for visit Ha Giang province are September, October, November, March, April, May.
What about winter months in Ha Giang?
- December, January, February are winter months in Ha Giang. Weather is not bad, but it could be very cold and foggy. If you want to travel in Ha Giang in these months, take warmer waterproof clothing.
Is there a snow in Ha Giang?
- Normally there is no snow in Ha Giang, but sometimes, in the winter months, there is a possibility of a little bit snow.
What are the most rainy months in Ha Giang?
- The most rainy months in Ha Giang are June, July, August – summer months. In these months there is a possibility of landslides and floods.
Where you can travel from Ha Giang province?
- From Ha Giang province you can travel to Cao Bang province. There are 2 travel routes, via Dong Van town – the most scenic route via Ma Pi Leng Pass, or via Bac Me and Bao Lam. There is no flight and no railway to Cao Bang, you can travel by bus or motorbike.
Where we can book a tour to Ha Giang province?
- You can book a tour for several days to Ha Giang province easily online with Tourradar.