Use a domestic flight can often be the quickest and most convenient solution.
In Vietnam, often move quickly and comfortably using the aircraft. A lot of people want to get from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City or vice versa. Dozens of air links from Vietnam Airlines, VietJetAir or Jetstar Pacific operate between these cities. These three companies dominate the domestic flights and often offer very cheap fares on domestic flights. One-way flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City or vice versa begin around Usd 40, the flight takes about 70 minutes. Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi) and Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City) are the biggest international airports in Vietnam.
With the new 30-day E-visa, you can arrive in eight international airports:
From February 1, 2017, Vietnam has introduced e-visa (single entry) for a stay up to 30 days. With this e-visa you can arrive at these international airport in Vietnam: Noi Bai (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City), Da Nang, Can Tho, Phu Bai, Phu Quoc, Cat Bi, Cam Ranh. If you are going to Vietnam only with the approval letter, you will receive a visa at the airport, you can arrive at only 3 international airports: Noi Bai (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City), Da Nang.
|INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS in Vietnam||DOMESTIC AIRPORTS in Vietnam|
|Can Tho||Buon Ma Thuot|
|Chu Lai||Cà Mau|
|Lien Khuong (Da Lat)||Co Ong (Côn Đảo)|
|Đà Nẵng||Dien Bien Phu|
|Cat Bi (Haiphong)||Đồng Hới|
|Nội Bài (Hanoi)||Pleiku|
|Tân Sơn Nhất (Ho Chi Minh City)||Phu Cat (Qui Nhơn)|
|Phu Bai (Huế)||Rach Gia|
|Cam Ranh (Nha Trang)||Nà Sản (Sơn La) - closed, planning the reconstruction|
|Phu Quoc||Dong Tac (Tuy Hòa)|
|Thọ Xuân (Sao Vàng)|
Map of the international and domestic airports in Vietnamicon-angle-double-down
The 3 biggest international airports in Vietnam:
1. Nội Bài International Airport (Hanoi)
– the main and the biggest airport in northern Vietnam, 35 km north of Hanoi capital
– from the airport to Hanoi you can go by bus (lines No.7, 17, 90), minibuses, taxi, Uber
– from the airport to Hanoi Railway Station – bus line No.86
– from the Noi Bai International Airport you can travel to the most of the domestic vietnamese airports
– more information about transportation from the Noi Bai Airport
2. Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
– the main and the biggest airport in southern Vietnam, 7 km north of the business centre in Ho Chi Minh City
– from the airport to the city you can go by bus (lines No.49-Shuttlebus, 119, 109, 152), minibuses, taxi, Uber
– from the Tan Son Nhat Airport you can travel to the most of the domestic vietnamese airports
– this airport should be replaced with the Long Thanh International Airport (in 2020 – 2025)
– more information about transportation from the Tan Son Nhat Airport
3. Đà Nẵng International Airport
– the main and the biggest airport in central Vietnam, 3 km west of city centre
– from the airport to the Da Nang City you can go by taxi
Official websites of international airports in Vietnam:
Noi Bai (Hanoi): www.noibaiairport.vn
Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City): www.tansonnhatairport.vn
Da Nang: www.danangairport.vn
Phu Quoc: www.phuquocairport.vn
Cam Ranh (30 km from Nha Trang): www.camranhairport.vn
Phu Bai (Hue): www.phubaiairport.vn
Lien Khuong (Da Lat): www.lienkhuongairport.vn
SleepPod in Noi Bai Airport – sleep in an unexpected situation.
At the Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi) were installed in mid-2014 SleepPod (mini-hotel room) for sleep and rest. You can use this service in the unexpected situation or delayed flight… Mini chambers are for 1 or 2 people and you will find them in Terminal 1 and 2. Make your reservation on official website www.hanoiairporthotels.vn or directly at the airport.
The new upcoming Long Thanh International Airport
Long Thanh International Airport > a forthcoming new international airport, 45 km east of Ho Chi Minh City in southern Vietnam. Construction of a modern airport should start in 2019-2021 (more info here). By 2025, they should already be launched first flights. Such data is necessary to take the appropriate margin.
icon-angle-double-right New international airport in Lao Cai (Cam Con commune) > planning the new airport in Lao Cai (2020)
icon-angle-double-right Na San domestic airport in Son La – closed since 2004 > planning the reconstruction (2020)
The international airport in Vietnam can be used for moving to neighboring states.
Lots of people traveling around Southeast Asia for some time in several countries. Many times may be move from the international airport to the surrounding country, eg. to Laos or Cambodia the fastest and most comfortable solution. AirAsia company offer very cheap flights between asian countries. AirAsia operates also to another countries, eg. from Vietnam to Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka, Japan …
Updated March 16, 2017.