Phnom Penh is the capital and the largest city of Cambodia.
Lots of travelers in Southeast Asia traveling also from Vietnam to Cambodia. Cambodia is an attractive tourist spot and somewhere also very overcrowded by tourists, eg. in Angkor Wat – world famous hinduist and then buddhist temple. Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia, about 1000 000 inhabitants. It is a political, cultural and economic center of Cambodia and it is located at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap river.
There is a large number of interesting sites and monuments in Phnom Penh.
If you travel from Ho Chi Minh City, this place will be probably your first big stop in Cambodia. Phnom Penh is about 250 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City. The fastest option how to get there is to use a flight, but these flights can be too expensive. Second option is to go by a bus (about 6 -7 hours) from Ho Chi Minh City.
1. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh 🚍
– yes, also buses run, the cheapest option of transport between these towns
– this way can take 6-7 hours
– ticket price – between 300 000 – 450 000 viet.dongs (about 13 – 18 USD)
– bus companies – Mekong Express, Giant Ibis, The Sinh Tourist
icon-angle-double-rightyou can buy and book bus e-tickets on Baolau or 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
2. FLIGHTS from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh icon-plane
– there are also flights between these cities
– companies: Vietnam Airlines, Cambodia Angkor Air, Qatar Airways
– flight time is approximately 1 hour
– the price of one-way low-cost flight is around 4 000 000 – 5 000 000 viet.dongs (about 150-180 USD)
– airport in Ho Chi Minh City – Tan Son Nhat, airport in Phnom Penh – Phnom Penh International Airport
– the plane is the fastest but the most expensive way of the transfer
you can buy flights of Vietnam Airlines online on Baolau
What is Baolau?
– Baolau sell train and bus e-tickets mainly for Vietnam (+ tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines as well as flights to neighboring countries + tickets for the ferries in Vietnam
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you will see the final price before making the payment transaction
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read in the order any other information about ticket
– read frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go.asia sell train e-tickets mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia)
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it
– you can use an online ticket in Vietnam (
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
– if you order a train ticket in Baolau and 12go.asia for tourist trains in Vietnam (Orient Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick them at the station