Luang Prabang is well known tourist town in the north of Laos.
Luang Prabang – small town in the north of Laos, about 30 000 people, lies at the Mekong river. The historic center of the town is written in Unesco from 1995. And from this year dramatically increased popularity. Almost all tourist go to Luang Prabang when they are already in Laos. There is very nice surrounding with a nature, ethnic villages and also buddhist places. But sometimes this place is a bit overcrowded by tourists.
The best way how to get to Luang Prabang is take a flight.
It is not so easy to get to Luang Prabang if you do not fly by a plane. Yes, you can fly with Vietnam Airlines or Lao Airlines, but these flights can be a little bit expensive. Prices for the flight tickets drop down mainly in the winter time. For the low cost travellers and backpackers is the best way go by a sleeper bus, but the journey can take about 23 hours if you travel from Hanoi. So, be prepared for this.
1. BUS from Hanoi to Luang Prabang 🚍
– the journey takes around 23 hours from Hanoi
– sleeper and comfortable buses
– bus companies: HTX Van Tai 27-7, TheSinhTourist
– one-way ticket costs from around 1 200 000 viet.dongs (about 50 Usd)
icon-angle-double-rightbuy bus e-tickets on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
2. FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Luang Prabang icon-plane
– new international airport in Luang Prabang opened in 2013
– it is a little bit more expensive option
– 2 flights by Lao Airlines from Hanoi to Luang Prabang
– 1 flight of Vietnam Airlines
– flight time is only 1 hour from Hanoi
– price for flight starts from 110 – 300 Usd
icon-angle-double-rightbuy direct flight by Vietnam Airlines on Baolau
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train tickets mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– verified company from Singapore – no cheaters
– you can buy also a bus tickets (Mai Linh, Hoang Long…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines as well as flights to neighboring countries
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– you will see the final price before you make a payment transaction
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you order
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for train tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar)
– you can use an online e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam
– you can not use an online ticket in Thailand, you have to print it
– if you order an train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam (Orient Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam