Train from Hanoi to Hue Bus from Hanoi to Hue icon-plane Flights to Hue icon-ticket Buy tickets
Hue is a very good stopover in central Vietnam. Lots of historical monuments, beaches and intersting landscape. Hue in central Vietnam (Thừa Thiên-Huế province) is connected to the imperial Nguyễn Dynasty, based in Hue, who ruled from 1802 to 1945, when the Emperor Bao Dai abdicated in favor of Ho Chi Minh’s revolutionary government. Hue is visited by lots of travelers from all the world.
Travel distance from Hanoi to Hue is about 700 km by land.
The best way how to get from Hanoi to Hue is to use a direct flight. But for low-cost travelers is the best way to use a train or bus from Hanoi. You can use a sleeper train and take a rest. It is not problem to find an accommodation in Hue and surrounding. About 85 km south of Hue you can visit the famous and wonderful Hai Van Pass.
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Hue
– traveling by train in Vietnam is an interesting experience
– travel by train from Hanoi to Hue takes about 14 hours
– the night trains are comfortable, you can buy food and snack
– see the Vietnam railway map
– there are 6 trains (+night train) every day of Vietnam Railways from Hanoi to Hue
– one-way train ticket of Vietnam Railways costs about 450 000 – 800 000 viet.dongs ($16-40, Seat or bed)
– Livitrans Express+Violette train (luxury tourist trains) – $70-80
– train station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Le Duan)
– train station in Hue – Huế Railway Station (Nguyen Tri Phường Street)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Hue online on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
– this is a top travel route from Hanoi to Hue – recommended – book your train tickets online!
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train
2. BUS from Hanoi to Hue
– yes, also buses run from Hanoi to Hue
– travel by bus from Hanoi to Hue takes about 15 hours
– bus ticket price is about 300 000 – 450 000 viet.dongs ($13-18)
– various bus companies – Hung Thanh, The Sinh Tourist, Hoang Long, Camel Travel…
– Hung Thanh or Hoang Long are well-known and reliable bus companies, comfortable and modern buses
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Hanoi to Hue online on Baolau or 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
Hoang Long bus – come to ticket boot of Hoang Long (Hanoi Nuoc Ngam Station, 2nd floor) and present your voucher to change for bus ticket. PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE STATION AT LEAST 1 HOUR (60 MINUTES) BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME BECAUSE HOANG LONG MAY CHANGE DEPARTURE TIME AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MISS THE BUS IF YOU ARRIVE LATE AFTER THIS (more info on 12go.asia).
TheSinh Tourist bus – arrive 30 minutes before departure and present voucher to board bus.
3. FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Hue
– there are about 6 direct flights every day from Hanoi to Hue
– airlines: Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar Pacific
– flight time is only about 1 hour
– direct flight costs about 850 000 – 2 500 000 viet.dongs ($35-100)
you can book and buy flights from Hanoi to Hue on Baolau
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– you can buy also a tickets of well-known bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinh Tourist, Hung Thanh, Sapa Express…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company or airlines
– you will see the final price before making the payment transaction
– you can use online train ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
– you can select a seat or berth in a train
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar)
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi…
– you can select a seat or berth in a train
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– if you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
Travelling with children in the train in Vietnam
For trains operated by Vietnam Railways:
– passengers under 6 years old do not need to buy train ticket if they seat with their parents, or else benefit from 25% discount in all fares when they book a separate ticket. If you do not wish to take this passenger into account when making the booking, please select a smaller number of passengers
– passengers from 6 to 9 years old need to buy train ticket but benefit from 25% discount in all fares
– passengers with 10 years old or over are not eligible for children discount, need to book train ticket as adults