Beijing is the capital of the People’s Republic of China.
Beijing (formerly romanised as Peking, 北京) is located in the northeast part of China. It is very far from Hanoi, but it is easy to get from Hanoi to Beijing by train, this railway route has about 3000 km! Nanning is only about 200 km from Dong Dang border town in Vietnam and there are highspeed trains from Nanning to Beijing. It takes about 13 hours by highspeed train from Nanning to Beijing. Yes sure, there are also direct flights of Vietnam Airlines between these cities.
An important cultural, political and economic center of China.
Population of Beijing is about 22 million (2017) and it is the most important transportation hub in this part of China. It is the one of the most visited cities in the world and popular tourist attraction. We can say, The Great Wall of China is one of the top tourist attraction in Beijing, about 70 km from the city center.
Interesting places for visit in Beijing and surrounding: The Great Wall of China, Tianmen Square, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, National Stadium, Temple of Heaven, Beijing ZOO, Yonghe Lamasery, National museum, Beijing Opera, Ming Tombs (Thirteen Tombs of Ming Dynasty)…
1. From Hanoi to Beijing by train 🚆
A) From Hanoi to Nanning (China) by train
– interesting experience is to travel by train in Vietnam and China (you will see beautiful landscapes)
– a cheapest option how to get from Hanoi to Nanning
– this route is operated by Nanning Railway Bureau of China Railway
– train – China Railway MR1/T8702 (comfortable, Soft Bed)
– the journey takes around 12 hours from Hanoi
– there is 1 train every day in 21:20 of China Railway MR1/T8702 from Hanoi to Nanning
– one-way train ticket costs about 1 000 000 viet.dongs ($45-50)
– train station in Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station (481 Ngọc Lâm)
– train station in Nanning – Nanning Railway Station (63 Zhonghua Rd)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Nanning on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
This train goes from Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station and continue to Dong Dang. Dong Dang is a vietnamese border town in Lang Son province. You need to stock yourself before taking train as there is no restaurant there. In your whole trip you’ll stay on the same train and even on the same room from beginning to end of the trip. While travelling by train you’ll be able to get a view of Vietnamese border. Dong Dang border be the place where you need to show your passport and get them stamped.
Then the train departs from Dong Dang at 02:50 AM in Vietnam and arrives at 04:31 AM to Pingxiang in China. In Pingxiang, passengers must get off the train again and complete immigration entry procedures at Chinese border. After this procedure train continue to Nanning. Read also very carefully this article – How to get a chinese Visa in Hanoi. In the near future there is also a plan to build a new High-Speed Line from Nanning to Pingxiang.
B) From Nanning to Beijing by train (fast or highspeed)
– fast or highspeed modern trains from Nanning to Beijing
– fast trains > the duration about 33 hours, about 2530 km (hard seat, hard+soft sleeper)
– highspeed trains > the duration 13 hours, about 2490 km (1st+2nd class seats, business seat)
– through trains > the duration 23 hours, about 2490 km (hard sleeper, soft sleeper)
– railway stations in Beijing: Beijing West
– for a live schedule and ticket availability, you may search at > www.chinaticketonline.com/trains.
2. FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Beijing icon-plane
– the most comfortable and fastest way how to get from Hanoi to Beijing
– there are direct flights or transfer flights from Hanoi to Beijing
– airlines: Chian Eastern, China Southern, Thai Airways, Vietnam Airlines, VietJetAir, Asiana Airlines, Air Asia…
– the prices for flight starts about $200 – 400
– direct flight takes about 3,5 hours from Hanoi (Vietnam Airlines)
Map of Beijing (China)
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– verified company from Singapore – no cheaters
– bus tickets of well-known companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, InterBus Lines, Futabus, TheSinh Tourist…)
– domestic flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– you will see the final price before you make a payment transaction
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you order
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos)
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you order an train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam (Orient Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam