Hoi An Ancient City is very easy accessible from Da Nang.
Hoi An is a big tourist site in central Vietnam. This small town is only about 20 km from Da Nang. Da Nang is the 3rd biggest city in Vietnam and it is very easy accessible from Hoi An and opposite way. Hoi An offers mainly the historical monuments of ancient city and some attraction for the tourists, like boat trips, taste a local food or bicycle tours.
How to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An or Da Nang?
Travel distance from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An is about 930 km by land (by the coast road). The best and fastest way how to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An is to use a direct flight to Da Nang, it takes only about 1-1,5 hours. From Da Nang you can take a bus to Hoi An. It is good to join this long journey, for example, with visiting the Nha Trang city or Quy Nhon.
1. TRAIN+BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An +
A) TRAIN from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– the best way is to travel to Da Nang and visit this beach city (20 km from Hoi An)
– travel by train takes about 16-19 hours from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– there are about 7 trains every day of Vietnam Railways on this route
– one-way train ticket costs about 500 000 – 1 100 000 viet.dongs (seats, sleeper, 1st + 2nd class)
– railway station in Ho Chi Minh City – Saigon Railway Station (01 Nguyễn Thông)
– railway station in Da Nang – Da Nang Railway Station (202 Hải Phòng, Phường Tân Chính)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy train e-tickets to Da Nang online on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
– this is a top travel route from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang – recommended – book your train tickets online!
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train
B) BUS from Da Nang to Hoi An
– bus companies: TheSinh Tourist, Hanh Cafe (or local buses)
– travel by bus from Da Nang to Hoi An takes about 1-1,5 hour
– new, comfortable and modern tourist buses
– one-way bus ticket costs about 150 000 – 200 000 viet.dongs ($6-8)
– come 30-60 minutes before departure and present voucher to board bus
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Da Nang to Hoi An online on Baolau or 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet
2. FLIGHTS from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– Da Nang Airport – the main airport serving Da Nang City
– it is only about 3 km from the airport to the city center of Da Nang
– there are about 22 of direct flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– airlines: VietJetAir, Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific
– flight takes only about 1 hour 15 minutes
– price of the one-way direct flight is about 1000 000 – 3 000 000 Dongs ($50-120)
– the fastest, but more expensive way how to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Da nang
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy your flight from Saigon to Da Nang on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
3. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– there are also some buses on the route from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– reliable bus company: Hoang Long, Phuong Trang (Futabus)
– new, comfortable, modern and new sleeper buses
– travel by bus from Saigon to Da Nang can take about 21-23 hours!
– one-way bus ticket costs about 400 000 – 550 000 viet.dongs ($15-20)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Saigon to Da Nang online on Baolau or 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
HOANG LONG bus – arrive at least 1 hour before your departure time to exchange voucher for ticket before you board bus.
What is Baolau?
– Baolau company sells the train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+Laos, Cambodia)
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– you can buy also a tickets of well-known bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, Futabus…)
– you can select a seat or berth in a train
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, Jetstar, Air Asia… as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phnom Penh…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go.asia sells the train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly to Thailand (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Mekong Express, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Futabus…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Kood…
– it is possible to use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can select a seat or berth in a train
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– read more inforamtion about trains in Thailand
– – if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– read an article about transportation in Vietnam and information about 12go.asia
– if you buy train tickets in Thailand over 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)