Hoi An Ancient City is very easy accessible from Da Nang.
Hoi An is a big tourist site in central Vietnam. This small town is only about 20 km from Da Nang. Da Nang is the 3rd biggest city in Vietnam and it is very easy accessible from Hoi An and opposite way. Hoi An offers mainly the historical monuments of ancient city and some attraction for the tourists, like boat trips, taste a local food or bicycle tours.
How to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An or Da Nang?
Travel distance from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An is about 930 km by land (by the coast road). The best and fastest way how to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An is to use a direct flight to Da Nang, it takes only about 1-1,5 hours. From Da Nang you can take a bus to Hoi An. It is good to join this long journey, for example, with visiting the Nha Trang city or Quy Nhon.
1. TRAIN+BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An 🚆+🚍
A) TRAIN from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– the best way is to travel to Da Nang and visit this beach city (20 km from Hoi An)
– travel by train takes about 16-19 hours from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– there are about 7 trains every day of Vietnam Railways on this route
– one-way train ticket costs about 500 000 – 1 100 000 viet.dongs (seats, sleeper, 1st + 2nd class)
– railway station in Ho Chi Minh City – Saigon Railway Station (01 Nguyễn Thông)
– railway station in Da Nang – Da Nang Railway Station (202 Hải Phòng, Phường Tân Chính)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy train e-tickets online on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
– this is a top travel route from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang – recommended – book your train tickets online!
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train
B) BUS from Da Nang to Hoi An
– bus companies: TheSinh Tourist, Hanh Cafe (or local buses)
– new, comfortable and modern tourist buses
– one-way bus ticket costs about 150 000 – 200 000 viet.dongs
– travel by bus takes about 1-1,5 hour from Da Nang to Hoi An
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets online on Baolau or 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet
2. FLIGHTS from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– Da Nang Airport – the main airport serving Da Nang City
– it is only about 3 km from the airport to the city center of Da Nang
– there are about 22 of direct flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– airlines: VietJetAir, Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific
– flight takes only about 1 hour 15 minutes
– price of one-way ticket about 1000 000 – 3 000 000 Dongs (50-120 USD)
– the fastest, but more expensive way how to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Da nang
icon-angle-double-rightyou can book and buy flight on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
3. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang 🚍
– there are also some buses on the route from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang
– reliable bus company: Hoang Long, Phuong Trang (Futabus)
– new, comfortable, modern and new sleeper buses
– the journey can take about 21-23 hours!
– one-way bus ticket costs about 400 000 – 550 000 viet.dongs
icon-angle-double-rightyou can book and buy bus e-tickets online on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
What is Baolau?
– Baolau company sells train and bus tickets mainly for Vietnam (+Laos, Cambodia)
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– you can buy also a tickets of well-known bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh…)
– you can select a seat or berth in a train
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, Jetstar… as well as flights to neighboring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go.asia sell train tickets mainly to Thailand (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar)
– it is possible to use online train e-ticket in Vietnam
– you can select a seat or berth in a train
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it
– read more inforamtion about trains in Thailand
– if you buy a train ticket at Baolau and 12go.asia for tourist trains in Vietnam (Orient Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick them at the station
– read an article about transportation in Vietnam and information about 12go.asia
– if you buy train tickets in Thailand over 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)